From the kitchen of Jessica Edling
1/2 c. sliced celery*
1/4 lb. mushrooms, quartered (a bag of the sliced mushrooms works perfectly)
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 c. melted butter
3-4 lbs. pork shoulder
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chicken bouillon
1 Tbsp. flour
Paula Deen House Seasoning to taste
1. Place celery, mushrooms, onion and melted butter in slow cooker.
2. Brown pork in skillet in 2 Tbsp. butter. Place over veggies in slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle with House Seasoning to your heart's content.
4. Combine flour & bouillon until smooth. Pour over pork.
5. Cover. Cook on high 3 1/2 hours or low 4-5 hours.
We usually serve this with jasmine rice, Texas toast and a fruit or green salad. (Or, combine the two to form what Brent calls my Citrus Salad. I'll do another post on that one later.) You can use the drippings in the slow cooker as gravy over the pork and rice.
* The celery is optional. In my haste to get Brent to eat things that are "green" (and therefore, by his standards, evil) I keep sneaking things like chopped celery or spinach into almost everything. So of course, I'm halfway through the prep for dinner and I realize I've used all my celery and its Sunday. It still tasted good, but Brent noticed enough that it looked "funny this time".)
About Continuous Service Delivery
3 weeks ago