From the kitchen of Floyd Teter, BBQ King
This marinade is amazing if you like a little Mediterranean flavor. Works great with poultry, seafood, pork and veggies. I also use it for basting seafood.
1. Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Whisk until the salt crystals dissolve.
3. Add 8 strips of lemon zest, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, 1/2 cup of fresh basil, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and (optionally) 3 small cloves of garlic (minced or crush with the side of a knife).
4. Stir or whisk ingredients for at least 30 seconds.
5. Let whatever you're cooking soak in this marinade anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.
The amounts here will yield about 2 cups of marinade. The key to this marinade is the freshness - you'll need to use it within an hour or so of making it. If it sits for any amount of time, stir it again before using it.
Diving Into Deep Links
1 week ago