From the kitchen of Floyd Teter, BBQ King
This marinade is amazing if you like a little Mediterranean flavor. Works great with poultry, seafood, pork and veggies. I also use it for basting seafood.
1. Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Whisk until the salt crystals dissolve.
3. Add 8 strips of lemon zest, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, 1/2 cup of fresh basil, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and (optionally) 3 small cloves of garlic (minced or crush with the side of a knife).
4. Stir or whisk ingredients for at least 30 seconds.
5. Let whatever you're cooking soak in this marinade anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.
The amounts here will yield about 2 cups of marinade. The key to this marinade is the freshness - you'll need to use it within an hour or so of making it. If it sits for any amount of time, stir it again before using it.
Good News On The EBS Front
1 week ago